Finding HR contacts database is something that we do tt some point in our career and we all have a need when we want to contact HRs from big companies. We struggle to get to the right HR and often get frustrated. Finding HR contacts database is a big challenge, especially if you are low on budget.
Therefore, I wanted to solve this problem for you, once and for all.
From now onwards, there will not be any day when you can't find a method to reach out to the HR aka Human resource department of any company.
In addition, this is going to be actionable, step by step and a long guide for finding HR contacts from any size of the company.
In fact, you can apply the same techniques to find other decision-makers like Marketing heads, Founders, CEO's, Finance heads of various organisations.
All right, let's begin.
HR contacts database through Google Search
This is the first method and the most basic and yes it's completely free. You only have to invest time i.e by doing it manually.
Simply go to Google and type the following keywords in the search bar:
site:linkedin.com/in intitle:HR head intext:India
By using the above query you have restricted your search to Linkedin only. Since the results that will show up in Google search will be public information, so its completely safe to use this public data.
You can change the above query and replace the HR head with keywords like:
- HR manager
- HR partner
- Human resource director
- Chief People officer
- HR president
- VP HR
Further, you can replace "India" with a city like New Delhi or the United States or New York.
This will restrict your search to only that specific city or location.
Compiling results into an excel sheet
Open up an excel sheet offline or on Google drive and start saving the results in an excel sheet.
Please note the following information is important:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Domain i.e on which the email id is verified for that person
Rest all information is up to you if you want to store, the more the information, the better you can customise your cold email templates and email subject lines.
If you do not know how to find the domain, then simply search for the website of the company and once you have the website then most of the times the domain is the part of the website by removing www or https.
Example: Website is https://uber.com/and domain is uber.com
You can also find domain via the contact us page of the companies. Companies usually write their contact email like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so the part after @ is the domain.
Finding email addresses
For this step, you will have to form patterns of emails by using first name, last name and domain and verify each pattern to check if the email is valid or not.
You can make as many patterns as possible, but the below are the most frequent ones.
- firstname@domain - Example - Vishpala@uber.com
- lastname@domain - Example - Reddy@uber.com
- firstname(dot)lastname@domain - Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
- firstname_lastname@domain - Example - email@example.com
- firstname-lastname@domain - Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
- firstnamelastname@domain - Example - email@example.com
- firstname[first_character]lastname@domain - Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
- lastname[first_character]firstname@domain - Example - email@example.com
- lastname_firstname@domain - Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
- lastnamefirstname@domain - Example - email@example.com
- lastname(dot)firstname@domain - Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many other patterns that you can add to make sure you cover as many as you can.
Now, once you have these patterns, the next step is to check which pattern is valid i.e which email of the HR contact is valid.
To do that you have to use email verification tools, some of them are:
Let's take an example of Neverbounce and check the patterns one by one and see which one is valid.
There are 3 kinds of results if you verify any email.
- Catch all or Accept All- Meaning you cant verify if the email is valid or invalid. These domains accept all emails, so its pure guesstimate and your own call if you still want to send email to this person. For these domains, all patterns are the same and will give same result code.
- Valid - This email is valid.
- Invalid - This email is invalid.
So the above email id i.t email@example.com is valid email id.
The above email id i.e firstname.lastname@example.org is invalid.
You will have to repeat this process for all people in your sheet and for all their patterns.
If the email is catchall then you can simply skip all their patterns, if the email is valid then you can skip the rest of the patterns and if the email is invalid then you can keep going until you find the valid email pattern.
If you have patterns in one CSV file then you can upload it in bulk to Neverbounce instead of manually verifying each pattern.
Using this method you can build your HR Contacts Database.
Using Linkedin search to build the HR database
The next method involves searching contacts directly on Linkedin and building the targeting list.
The benefit of this method over the Google search is that it can help you narrow down your search further by location, company and many other parameters.
If you have a premium Linkedin Sales Navigator account then you can further customise your list beyond just location and job titles and build HR contacts database or perhaps any other database as per your ideal customer profile targeting.
The next step remains the same which is building email patterns and verification using email verification tools.
Using Email finder tools to build HR list
Both of the above steps involve manual efforts in building your B2B list, building email patterns and then verification of emails. It's tedious and frustrating and consumes a lot of resources.
So there is a better way and that way is to use email finder tools.
There are plenty of free email finder tools that you can use, some of them are:
- EasyLeadz email finder tool
All of the above tools come with a free and limited plan.
The search works by either company name or domain of the company. So let's say you want to find email id of HR of Microsoft, then you can simply go to these tools and search for Microsoft or microsoft.com and it will show you results.
Layouts of each of these tools are different and the method of showing results will be different, so I am going to show you an example of how EasyLeadz email finder tool works.
So using these tools you will not have to worry about building patterns and verifying them. All of the data is instantly available.
The disadvantage is that you may not find all of the data in these tools. Example a specific person that you wish to find an email for.
In that case, these tools may not be helpful but other than that you will have most of the companies and emails covered.
HR contacts database through Job Portals
Another option is to check out Job Portals. One such Job Portal is Naukri.com. You can simply search for jobs on Naukri and then go to the company profile.
Go to company profile and scroll down and there will you find the HR contact details.
After you go to the company page, click on that profile and it will open up a new company page.
You will see "View Contact Details" option, click on it and it will expand and show you the HR contacts.
A lot of times it will not show any contacts, it will just ask you to submit your email and your query, in those cases, you will not be able to find any HR contacts directly.
So while this is helpful, it may be frustrating sometimes. But you can try if you have time and resources and low on budget.
HR contacts database through B2B database providers
All of the above methods are free but nothing is free. While it saves money it costs you your TIME which sometimes and in fact, most of the times is more valuable than money.
So the last option is to get high quality and highly customised HR contact database as per your targeting criterion.
The disadvantage of this method is that it will cost you money.
Advantages are manifolds:
- It will be highly customised, more than just location and job roles. You can customise your targeting by the following parameters:
- The industry of the companies
- Size of the companies by its number of employees
- Job roles like HR head, HR manager, CEO, CFO etc
- A location like a city or a country
- Niche companies like Fintech companies, E-commerce companies, SAAS companies
- Companies based on the technology they use like if they use Shopify or Intercom
- Recently funded companies
- You save all the time which you can spend on more relevant work.
- You get a better quality and accuracy, usually 90-95% on email deliverability
- The money you spend is actually less than the equivalent of resources and time you would have otherwise spent on manual efforts. We have done the calculations and we found it 5 times cheaper to procure B2B data rather than doing it yourself.
- The speed at which data can be processed versus doing it manually by yourself.
- More data points than just email id, name and location. You can get the following data points:
- Name of the person
- Job role
- Linkedin profile URL
- Verified work email
- Direct contact number
- Name of the company
- Social profile links
- Funding information
- Size of the company i.e number of employees
- Industry tags
- Other tags like an offline store, SAAS, E-commerce, Product, Service
- The technology stack of the company
All this is almost impossible to find manually unless you have a large pool of resources who are trained to do this.
In Short, whichever method you use to build the HR databases, the next step is to write highly personalised cold emails and cold email subject lines so that it resonates with the audience.
Moreover, the higher your emails are personalised, the better your response rates will be.
I will recommend you to look at this cold email guide which will help you write better cold emails, subject lines and also use email automation tools to automate your follow-ups so that you get better ROI on your campaigns.
b2b contact datab2b leadscold emailshr contact database
How do you get a HR database? ›
HR contacts database through Job Portals
Another option is to check out Job Portals. One such Job Portal is Naukri.com. You can simply search for jobs on Naukri and then go to the company profile. Go to company profile and scroll down and there will you find the HR contact details.
Nearly all companies have an internal HR database, the lifeblood of the department. Human resource databases store employee personal, financial, and performance information. They also hold recruitment data and various other critical records.What is a HR database? ›
HR databases are used by HR professionals (or the person responsible for HR in smaller businesses) to store personal information relating to their employees. There are often many areas to an HR database, as there is a wealth of tasks that they can help with, such as recording training details or managing recruitment.How do I create a HR database in Excel? ›
- Create a New Spreadsheet & Name Your File. Open Excel and click on the “New Blank workbook” box. ...
- Add Columns to Your Spreadsheet. The columns you add will depend on the information you want to track for each employee. ...
- Enter Employee Information. ...
- Set Permissions & Access. ...
- Keep Your Employee Database Updated.
- HR Contact Database Via Job Portals. ...
- HR Contact Database Via Google Search. ...
- HR Contact Database Via Direct Email Findings using Email Finder Tools. ...
- HR Contact Database Via LinkedIn. ...
- HR Contact Database Via E-Mail Detector Tools.
Human resource databases refer to data related to organization, employees etc which is stored in one place. Data stored in the HR database includes employees details like personal information, training, salary details, reimbursement, worksheet, time chart etc.Is SQL used in HR? ›
In a survey done by SHRM, over half of survey responders require data analysis when hiring for their HR department. Data — when collected, stored, and analyzed — can be useful for making decisions in almost every department of a business. But how is the data collected, stored, and analyzed? That's where SQL comes in.Which HR software is used by companies? ›
|HRIS||Performance Management||ATS & Recruiting|
|Workday||UKG (formerly Kronos)||ICIMS Recruit|
|Zoho People||Engagedly||Breezy HR|
Human Resource activities fall under 7 core functions: Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Employment Law and Compliance, Compensation and Benefits and Administration, Payroll & HR Systems.What are the 4 HR systems? ›
The four (4) core HRM Systems consists of: (1) recruitment, selection, and placement; (2) learning and development; (3) performance management; and, (4) rewards and recognition.
What are the 5 main areas of HR? ›
Human Resources manages 5 main duties: talent management, compensation and employee benefits, training and development, compliance, and workplace safety.What is a matrix HR? ›
A matrix organization is a type of organizational structure in which employees are assigned to project teams rather than to traditional departments. In a matrix organization, employees have two bosses: a project manager and a functional manager.Can Python be used for HR? ›
Python alongside other methods such as natural language processing and text analysis is being used by some HR functions to conduct analysis from social media websites, employee engagement and pulse surveys in order to mine insights on organisational networks, culture and sentiment and examine how they drive change.How much does it cost to build an HRIS system? ›
The latest stats from Software Path, who studied 587 buyers in their 2022 report on purchasing HR software and cost of HRIS, suggest that the average cost of HRIS systems is around $12,625 (£9,306) for each user of an HRIS system ‒ or $210 per user per month (£154).How do I find a company's contact information? ›
One of the first things you should do if you don't know a prospect's business email is to visit their company website. Nearly every company has a “Contact Us” tab that conveniently provides a phone number or a link to their main email. You can call them up directly or send an inquiring email.What is HR information system? ›
A human resources information system (HRIS) is a software solution that maintains, manages, and processes detailed employee information and human resources-related policies and procedures.How can I get a list of all employers? ›
Visit the IRS website and download Form 4506. This form allows you to request copies of your previous tax returns, which will include the name and address of your past employers, along with when you were employed with each company.What are the 3 of top HRIS systems? ›
- Rippling. ...
- Namely HR. ...
- Paycor HR. ...
- BambooHR. ...
- ADP. ...
- Workday. ...
- UKG Pro. UKG Pro (Ultimate Kronos Group) is a leading provider of HCM solutions. ...
- Sapling. Sapling is a company that provides HR software.
It refers to a suite of software that organizations use to manage internal HR functions. From employee data management to payroll, recruitment, benefits, training, talent management, employee engagement, and employee attendance, HRMS software helps HR professionals manage the modern workforce.What are the five most popular applications of an HRIS? ›
Features of HRIS applications include an employee self-service portal, payroll, workforce management, recruitment and hiring, benefits administration, and talent management.
Which SAP is used in HR? ›
SAP human capital management (HCM) solutions provide strategic, innovative solutions for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and people analytics to address your critical workforce transformation needs.Why Excel is used in HR? ›
Excel has proven time and time again to be a very cost-effective and flexible tool for small businesses for managing HR tasks. Small businesses use Excel for a variety of HR admin such as managing timesheets, employee absences, managing payroll, or defining contractor relationships.What is HR kanban? ›
Essentially, the Kanban method is a process where you gradually better what you do, especially by visualizing all the work you have on a simple board. Almost all departments of an organization can benefit from applying the principles of the Kanban method.Does HR use CRM? ›
CRM software for recruiters is a type of HR software which HR professionals and recruiters use to manage the relationship with their candidates. With a CRM software, recruiters can organize and automate communication process with their candidates, encourage candidate engagement and improve the candidate experience.How is agile used in HR? ›
Agile HR shifts the paradigm to a simpler and faster approach that prioritizes collaboration, feedback, and innovation. Agile allows companies and their people leaders to develop programs and initiatives that empower and engage their employees.What HR system does Amazon use? ›
Amazon, according to Workday's press release, will use Workday Human Capital Management and Workday Payroll software worldwide.What is the most popular HRIS system? ›
- BambooHR. BambooHR's software is ideal for small and medium sized businesses. ...
- SAP SuccessFactors. ...
- Natural HR. ...
- Workday. ...
- Optimum HRIS. ...
- Namely. ...
- Gusto: ...
- BambooHR. BambooHR strives to “elevate the employee experience” with its all-in-one HR software. ...
- Sage HR. Sage HR's product can completely automate the entire HR process. ...
- Rippling. ...
- Paycom. ...
- Paylocity. ...
Every decision in HR should automatically be held to the Golden Rule: “One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself” (from Wikipedia).What are the 8 RS of HR? ›
- Recruitment and selection. It takes time and planning to attract and recruit highly talented employees. ...
- Training and Development. ...
- Company Brand and Culture. ...
- Safety and Health. ...
- Performance Management. ...
- Succession Planning. ...
- Compensation and Benefits. ...
- Compliance and Legal.
What is the 8 box model of HR? ›
The 8-box Model depicts various external and internal factors that influence the effectiveness of HR work. The external general market context, the external population market context, the external general institutional context, and the external population institutional context are all visible.What are the six core HR processes? ›
The six main function of HR are recruitment, workplace safety, employee relations, compensation planning, labor law compliance and training.What are the 4 pillars of Prime HRM? ›
- Recruitment Selection and Placement.
- Learning and Development.
- Performance Management.
- Rewards and Recognition.
Workday offers a cloud-based HRIS solution to help organizations streamline and manage their HR operations from a single system. With their HRIS solution, Workday aims to improve essential aspects of HR management, including HR planning, employee experience, employee engagement, and people analytics.What are the 15 functional areas of HR? ›
- Human resource planning.
- Performance management.
- Learning & development.
- Career planning.
- Information sharing.
- Rewards & recognitions.
- Compensation & benefits.
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding.
- Human resource planning.
- Benefits and compensation.
- Performance management.
- Training and development.
- Employee engagement.
- Human Resource Planning. HR's initial role focuses on the company's long-term requirements. ...
- Recruitment and Selection. ...
- Performance Management. ...
- Career Planning. ...
- Employee Participation and Communication. ...
- Health and Safety. ...
- Personal Well Being. ...
- Administrative Responsibilities.
The major purpose of ERP is to unify and integrate each aspect of a business, whereas the major purpose of an HRIS is to manage employee data and automate end-to-end HR management. ERP is for the whole organization. An HRIS focuses entirely on the HR department.What is difference between HRIS and HRMS? ›
HRMS: The critical difference between HRIS and HRMS systems is the complex tools provided. While HRIS is more basic, providing functions like payroll and attendance, HRMS extends those functions by offering functionality like performance management and reporting.What is a HR dashboard? ›
An HR dashboard is a business intelligence tool that allows Human Resource teams to track, analyze and report on HR KPIs. Modern, interactive dashboards leverage an HR analytics platform which makes it easy to combine data from all systems and to deeply explore this data directly within the dashboard.
What are HR key metrics? ›
HR metrics are key data points that help companies evaluate their human capital efforts and determine how effective their HR programs and initiatives are. Employee attrition, benefits participation, engagement, cost-per-hire, and more are examples of critical HR metrics.What is HR Fusion? ›
HR-Fusion is a Human Resources management practice that provides a comprehensive range of Human Resources Solutions with a business focus. HR-Fusion is the nucleus of a multidisciplinary team of Human Resources specialists.Can I see my HR record? ›
You have a right to make a SAR to your employer, asking to see your personnel files, at any time. Your employer has the right to ask why you want to see your files, but must then provide all your records to you.How do I build my own HR system? ›
- Determine why you need one. ...
- Build a project team and brainstorm. ...
- Think out objectives and scope. ...
- Consider both mobile and web app. ...
- Envision your final result. ...
- Draft your working processes. ...
- Estimate your budget and build requirements analysis. ...
- Hire the right dedicated team.
- Recruitment and Selection. Human resource management jobs include professional recruiters who filll vacancies within an organization. ...
- Compensation and Benefits. ...
- Health and Safety. ...
- Labor and Employee Relations. ...
- Training and Development. ...
- Risk Management. ...
- Managers and Directors.
HR metrics, or human resources metrics, are key figures that help organizations track their human capital and measure how effective their human resources initiatives are. Examples of such data include turnover, cost-per-hire, benefits participation rate, and others (we'll get into more of them later).Can the CEO have access to HR files? ›
[Company Name] employee files are maintained by the human resource (HR) department and are considered confidential. Managers and supervisors, other than the HR director and his or her subordinates, may only have access to personnel file information on a need-to-know basis.What are the types of HR records? ›
- Basic Information. This category includes personal information such as the employee's full name, social security number, address, and birth date. ...
- Hiring Documents. ...
- Job Performance and Development. ...
- Employment-Related Agreements. ...
- Compensation. ...
- Termination and Post-Employment Information.
Because the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not require a particular order or form of records, wage records may be maintained electronically. If records are stored electronically, records must be available for copying and transcription upon request by representatives of the Department of Labor (DOL).What are the 7 major HR activities? ›
- Recruitment and Hiring.
- Training and Development.
- Employer-Employee Relations.
- Maintain Company Culture.
- Manage Employee Benefits.
- Create a Safe Work Environment.
- Handle Disciplinary Actions.
Which is the highest position in HR? ›
A VP of human resource is usually the highest HR position in a company. They are responsible for running different aspects of the HR department.How should HR data be stored? ›
HR records include a wide range of data relating to individuals working in an organisation, for example hours worked and pay or absence levels. This information is usually stored electronically but may include paper records as well, so employers should use both physical and electronic data security methods.What is HR matrix management? ›
What is a human resources matrix? A human resources matrix is beneficial for organizations with employees reporting through more than one channel or to more than one leader. It's called a matrix because it is laid out in a grid or matrix pattern.